Feb 24, 2009

It all started with a knock on my door. Before I even had the chance to get out of my chair, the door opened and there she was. Even through the low light and thick smoke, I could see that this dame was a pure knockout. She had the kind of legs that looked like they had walked all over every man she met and came out on top every time. Her face could put any Hollywood starlet to shame, but it was her eyes that stopped me dead in my tracks. They made a man want to run home crying to his mommy. Black as coal and looking right through me, there were secrets hidden behind those eyes that I prayed to God I would never know. But something in my gut (or was it in the there-then-gone grin?) told me I that not even God could help me now.

My name is Harvey Kipsitch and I was once one of the top Private Eyes in the city. Now I am huddled under a freeway overpass with the last few survivors, hoping that this will find find it's way out of here. Hoping that it reaches you before she does. Hoping that what I have to tell you will save your soul. Praying that it's not too late.

Like I said, it all started with a knock...

No comments:

Post a Comment