Feb 14, 2009

I'm just sayin....

If you know me, and/or if you stick with me long enough in this thing, you will know that I like quotes. I really like quotes. A large portion of this blog (and hopefully an ongoing one, unless you tell me otherwise) will be quotes and my reactions (serious and not) to them. We get a daily newsletter via email at work, and each one starts off with an inspirational or motivational saying of some kind. I have taken to adding my two cents worth and forwarding it along to some of my friends. I want to make them a part of this blog because, well, it’s my forum and I can say anything I want, so there! If they are not successful, and do not get any feedback, I will stop posting them, and rest assured, I will most likely not put all of them on here anyways, cause frankly, not all of them are that interesting or worthy of comment/ridicule.

Speaking of quotes. A few months ago, when I really needed them, I stumbled upon what have become two of my favorites. The first is from Dr Seuss of all places, and has made me want to go back and re-read all of his books as an adult to see what other gems of wisdom might be hiding in those pages.

The second is from Alice in Wonderland, and pretty much sums up what I’ve been working very hard to do for the past 15 years, and will continue to do every day from now on. Again, many of you have heard me say these over and over, and I apologize. No wait, I DON’T apologize! I am tired of apologizing for who I am and the way I say and do things. They are good thoughts, and I am pretty sure I am not the only one here to whom they speak. So, without further ado…..

“Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.”
- Dr Seuss

“But it’s no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then.”
-Lewis Carroll

And now, because I do like quotes oh so much, here’s one more for the road: “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr Seuss (see, told you he was full of insight!)

No comments:

Post a Comment