Feb 20, 2009

Sunset - October 24, 1999

Slowly I make my way through the void
I am alone; my thoughts and fears
My only companions.
The doors of perception have all shut now
And the candles are melting away.
Feet are so tired
How long must I walk?
I have lost all direction
No longer sure which way is up.
This world is quiet, deathly still.
I try to speak
But am silenced by the night.
I scream
But there is no sound
Only blackness
Taking me in
Swallowing me whole.
My God! Can’t anybody hear me?
I long for the day
When I can once again
Behold the simple beauty
Of the setting sun.
Who will think I’m beautiful when I’m gone?



yes, there is a story behind this one, sort of. No, I will not get into it here. This was written for my Grandfather after he died. For only then did I realize how much he really meant to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment