Feb 20, 2009

Flashes from the past

Part of the process I have used to try and get back into the swing of this writing thing was to go back and reread some of the things I wrote once upon a time. Some of it I like, some of it I don't. I have been sharing bits and pieces of them with a few friends lately, and I think I am finally ready to throw them up here. I wrote them for an audience of one... me. Yes, they were written "for" a specific person (or 2 people in some cases), but not with the intention that they would read them. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure they have ever read any of these poems before now (assuming they ARE reading them now - yes, I still kind of talk to them - no I won't tell you who they are.) I present them here in no specific order, except to say that most of them were written during the same 2-3 week span. They have been described to me as a visceral gut punch. I like that. It perfectly gets to what I was feeling when I wrote them, and how I feel now every time I read them.

Sharing these is the closest I will come to sticking my tongue to a cold flagpole.

No comments:

Post a Comment